Banner

Saturday 11 August 2012

Indonesian Batik Fabrics

I recently heard about Indonesian Batik Fabrics when I was in New Zealand. I visited with a local quilt group in my area and there was a lady giving a talk about them. I went a little crazy, spending a tad more than I should have but I just couldn't resist them. :-p Typical of a fabric addict I suppose.

Anyway also recently I joined Craftsy.com where I presently sell my first and so far, only Easy Peasy Nine Patch quilt pattern for beginners.
The kick back is I get news letters from them telling me what deals they are having and today I got an email telling me about some Indonesian Batik Fabrics selling at a reduced 20% off rate. !!! Whoohoo


Batik by Mirah

The process of dye resistant designs, similar to batiks, have been traced back 1500 years to Egypt and the Middle East. In Indonesia, this process evolved into batik. To produce these intricate patterns a copper stamp is created. The cap is then dipped in wax and stamped on to the fabric. The fabric is dyed numerous times to achieve a unique coloration and crumpled by hand to create a textured look. The fabrics are then placed in the sun to dry where the colors become increasingly vibrant. Finally, the fabric is dipped into a vat of hot water and the wax melts away leaving you with an amazing look.


Batiks by Mirah, I love them!!
You have to visit the site and see close-ups of the designs... yummy!


I WISH I had some cash because the fabrics are incredible and are going for a really great price. Much Cheaper than what I paid in New Zealand.

I thought I'd tell you all about it, so that you wouldn't miss out. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Verification